Unity Sports Boosters Club
Minutes of Meeting August 15, 2012
The Unity Sports Boosters Club met on Wednesday, August 15, 2012, in the Middle School cafeteria. President Klusmeyer called the meeting to order with 20 members present.
The secretary’s report from April was approved.
The treasurer’s report was given by Julie McAllister. She reported a beginning balance of $21,013.45 with receipts of $105.33, and disbursements of $1,026.74. The ending balance is $20,092.04. The report was approved as read.
Membership: current membership has been reset as of this meeting.
· Hall of fame plaques: As Seth was attending the school board meeting, he was unable to attend and report.
· MS Trophy Case: Greg said they have looked at, but waiting to see about something in the MS
· Softball Concession Stand: The softball committee paid back loan to the sports boosters club, and the stand is complete.
· Renting stadium seats: It was decided after some discussion that it would not be worthwhile.
· Updating banners in gym: Again, Seth was not present to comment, but some members have noticed that there are 2012 updates.
· Fixing High School Gym scoreboard: Need to ask Mr Dorethy where we are on it.
· Football Pork Chop Stand: Donna Jansen and Pam Venvertloh are the co-chairs
· Homecoming: we decided not to do a float, but order banners to place on a vehicle or trailer and have people ride and throw out candy, Tammy H. and Sherri Fuller will get the banners
· Membership drive: Tammy Hildebrand will handle at Meet the Mustangs
· Golf stipend: Paul Littleton asked if the Sports boosters would be willing to provide payment for the golf coach this year. Sarah Donley made motion.
No AD report
Tim Nutt reported that the girls Varsity basketball team achieved a 7-1 record in Arnold, MO.
David Woodruff reported that the Middle School softball team is doing well.
As Homecoming week falls on our regular meeting date, the September meeting will be held one week earlier, on September 5, 2012.