Unity Sports Boosters Club
Minutes of Meeting April 11, 2012
The Unity Sports Boosters Club met on Wednesday, April 11, 2012, in the Middle School cafeteria. President Klusmeyer called the meeting to order with 15 members present.
The secretary’s report from March was approved by Marcia Cornwell and 2nd by Brad Begeman.
The treasurer’s report was given by Julie McAllister. She reported a beginning balance of $16,937.50 with receipts of $10,354.92 , and disbursements of $6,278.97. The ending balance is $21,013.45. The profit from 3 on 3 was up about $160 from last year. The report was approved by Tim Nutt and 2nd by Lexi Mayberry.
Membership: current membership is 80.
A thank you note from Gary Brickman for his Hall of Fame election was read.
· 3 on 3: comments? Seth thought it went smoothly – there was an altercation in the MS gym between two dads. Seth got a couple emails with compliments. Rushville is looking to copy our tournament, per David Woodruff. Julie got nice compliments on concessions
· Softball concession stand: not complete, doors are up, closers not on, electric not complete, scoreboard needs to be hooked up. Pepsi delivered a new cooler. Plumbing is usable, everything is usable, but not complete.
· Softball gravel: Eric Rabe was going to bring a couple of loads, Shaffer Trucking donated a load, and hauling, got more than needed. Gravel is here and has been spread.
· Soft ball grill: they want one- still need to buy.
· MS Trophy case: haven’t had chance to chase further.
· Updating the banners for gym: Seth is working on.
· HS gym scoreboard: has issues Seth is working on getting the problem checked out.
· Renting stadium seats: will check into in the fall.
· CD renewal: $5000 – currently have 1 CD. Peggy Duesterhaus made motion that we add another $5000 to 5157.10 for 6 months at .50 % at First Bankers Trust, 2nd by Sue Woodworth due April 20 – rate could possibly change a little.
AD report: just bought two popcorn poppers – band bought 1. Would boosters like to buy 1-2 for MS and HS. Music boosters is buying the one for the football concession stand. Diana made motion to purchase 2 popcorn poppers – 2nd by Susan Blickhan for approx. 300 ea.
Open coaching positions: Football cheer coach – Miss Mayberry will apply. MS cheerleading is open and assistant volleyball coach.
Aaron Wittler broke the 40 year record school record for 400 meter dash set by Gary Evans.
David Woodruff: Softball record is currently 3-7. We are 2-2 in the conference, have a few JV wins, lots of girls out, a nice win over central last week over a good pitcher. They haven’t played well since.
HS Track: 10 girls – wide variety of ability – nice girls lots of injuries early. Boys are having a fabulous season. (12 boys) The two unity track meets are next week. Track is in pretty good shape
Tim Nutt: open gyms 20-30 girls show up. Good participation in MS.
Brad Begeman: summer dates are locked in lot of 5th and 6th graders coming in.
MS track: 58 kids, they are doing a fabulous job 6th-8th grades working hard at practice.
Cheerleading: tryouts are next week. Basketball will be difficult because they want to compete again.
Volleyball- finalizing summer schedule – 1 open gym 2 weeks ago – 20 showed.
Next meeting: 8th of August. – 6:00 for cookout.
Marcia Cornwell reported that Brad Begeman will coach Girls McDonald’s all-star game this June 9th.
Meeting adjourned by Sue Woodworth, 2nd by Tim Nutt.