Unity Sports Boosters Club
Minutes of Meeting February 8, 2012
The Unity Sports Boosters Club met on Wednesday, February 8, 2012, in the Middle School cafeteria. Seth Klusmeyer called the meeting to order with 12 members present.
The secretary’s report from January was approved by Donna Jansen and 2nd by Julie McAllister.
The treasurer’s report was given by Julie McAllister. She reported a beginning balance of $17,859.48 with receipts of $111.18, and disbursements of $2,885.00. The ending balance is $15,085.66. The report was approved by Sue Woodworth and 2nd by Brad Begeman.
Membership: current membership is 80.
· HOF plaques: they are still on order.
· Trivia night: It was successful night – there 13 teams (12.5). We were lucky that everyone was very generous and all donated their winnings back.
· Softball Concession – No one was here to report, but the roof is on.
· 3 on 3: Registrations have been sent out, the deadline is Feb. 21. Next month’s meeting will be an hour earlier to stuff bags for the tournament.
· After prom donation: We donated $350 last year, motion to donate same amount again made by Diana Rush, Brad Begeman 2nd.
· Idea for fundraising. Diana Rush suggested buying stadium seats and renting them for an extra dollar per game. JWCC does this – Hertz underwrote the seats, for the advertising. Seth will check into it with Mr. Dorethy.
AD report: Greg Hildebrand was hired as assistant softball at the last board meeting.
Karl Asbury – 5 Payson 8th graders showed up at weight lifting.
Brad Begeman– Varsity will play tomorrow for the regional championship. Their current record is 25-5. They believe they can win it if they come ready to play.
Lexi Mayberry- reported that the cheerleaders were 6 points away from going to state in competition.
Seth Klusmeyer- Volleyball- 8th graders are 4-4, had been making improvements, and have had lots of injuries.
7th grade are 11-1 – they won the Quincy tournament, beating the team they lost to.
Greg Hildebrand – 7th grade boys basketball team just got to state.
8th grade stumbled at regional championships. Both teams ended up with good records. They had a good year.
Richard Klusmeyer- Varsity basketball boys are 16-10 and have the number one seed in regionals. The JV have won a few.
Motions to adjourn were made by Sue Woodworth and Brad Begeman.
Next mtg. is March 7, 7:00 p.m. in the MS cafeteria, 6:00 to prepare for 3 on 3.