Unity Sports Boosters Club
Minutes of Meeting February 13, 2013
The Unity Sports Boosters Club met on Wednesday, February 13, 2013, in the Middle School cafeteria. President Klusmeyer called the meeting to order with 13 members present.
The secretary’s report was given by Sarah Donley and approved by Sue Woodworth and Peggy Duesterhaus.
The treasurer’s report was given by Julie McAllister and approved by Tammy Hildebrand and Brad Begeman.
Membership: current membership is 64.
§ Lights for the new parking lot – since it is being used, it needs to be more well lit. It was mentioned to Mr. Dorethy and it could be put into the next life safety project budget.
· Trivia followup: none
· Softball field: reported by Greg Hildebrand- the grass is growing. Fuller Fertilizer and Brad Begeman donated fertilizer. Still need to put up fence, no gates, one pallet of conditioner is ready to go. Still will need help getting it ready.
· 3 on 3: Advertisements – Julie and Tammy have about finished
o Tammy will cover for Sue Woodworth on Saturday morning.
o Sue and Richard will check with football team on after event cleanup.
o March meeting will be at 6:00 instead of 7, and one week earlier to prep for 3 on 3.
o Seth will pick up floor tape.
o Chairs can be put up in the morning.
· After prom donation: Tammy made motion to keep donation to $350, Brad Begeman 2nd.
· Track Mats: High jump and long jump mats need to be replaced. Sue has found a source where she can get them for $5299 with free shipping. Name brand similar would be $8000. The current top mat has been replaced a couple of times. The Long jump runway also needs work. Susan Blickhan made motion to pay half, Julie McAllister 2nd.
· March 6 board meeting: Email from Diane Robertson invited the club to attend the open portion of the meeting with funding ideas. This email was forwarded to all members. Because of this, the meeting portion of Sports Boosters will be held at 6:00, then start working on shirts, and finish after the board meeting if necessary.
AD report: Bill Dorethy reported that West Central dropped out of the MVIT. He has been looking but has had no luck getting another team to take its place. This item has been tabled until the April or May meeting. A possible solution is to change the format to pool play or round robin.
Brad Begeman – Girls Varsity season ended at sectionals in loss to Illini Bluffs. They set a new record at 26-5. Ali Koehler will go to the 3 point shootout at the Sectional finals in Mount Pulaski.
Paul Littleton - Track conditioning begins next week.
Sue Woodworth – MS volleyball – 7th and 8th are all improving. 7th is 11-5, 8th are 9-2. They lost to Quincy and Southeastern in the Quincy Tournament. We are hosting our own tournament in the next two weeks. 7th and 8th regionals are here.
HS girls track – begins first week of March with about 12 girls expected.
Greg Hildebrand: 8th lost in the regional championship to Notre Dame. Good season, good kids. 7th grade surprised him with results better than expected and really improved. 5th and 6th has started wwith 12 5th graders, and 10 6th. Lots of the fifth graders have not played before.
Richard Klusmeyer reported that the boys are the #1 seed in the Regional. 3 point competition will be Friday at 6:00.
Motion to adjourn made by Sue Woodworth and Greg Hildebrand.
The next meeting will be held Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 6:00 p.m.