Unity Sports Boosters Club
Minutes of Meeting March 7, 2012
The Unity Sports Boosters Club met on Wednesday, March 7, 2012, in the Middle School cafeteria. President Klusmeyer called the meeting to order with 13 members present.
The secretary’s report from February was approved by Donna Jansen and 2nd by Wendy Kuhn.
The treasurer’s report was given by Julie McAllister. She reported a beginning balance of $15,085.66 with receipts of $2,709.92, and disbursements of $858.08. The ending balance is $16.937.50. The report was approved by Susan Blickhan and 2nd by Matt Woodworth.
Membership: current membership is 80.
· Softball Concession – Still needs plumbing fixtures, have doors to put up. They are planning to work on it this weekend.
· 3 on 3: Everything seems to be set, registration starts at 7:00 a.m.
· Uniform schedule: Seth not present to discuss
· Softball field: Greg Hildebrand asked the club to purchase or donate a couple of loads of rock to go around the concession stand and under the bleachers until the concrete can be poured. He estimated about $150 for each load, plus fuel, for a total of around $400. Motion made to purchase two loads of gravel made by Sara Klusmeyer and 2nd by Diana Rush.
· Grill for softball: Donna Jansen made a motion that sports boosters offer up to $250 to softball for a grill if they want one, 2nd by Sara Klusmeyer.
AD report: Seth not present.
David Woodruff – softball – they have had 4 practices. Currently there is 1 junior, 5-6 seniors and the rest are Freshmen/Sophomores. The girls are doing well at picking up instruction.
Greg Hildebrand – 5th – 6th boys basketball ended last Saturday. 5th grade is pretty competitive, 6th grade is short handed, with a couple of good players. 7th grade has started coming to open gyms.
Rob Kuhn – Will be meeting with parents tomorrow evening to plan summer activities.
Matt Woodworth - . good weight room attendance. Consistently have 11 8th grade players coming in. Will lose 8th graders to track next week
Sue Woodworth - 7th volleyball – lost in sectional 8th plyaing in Triopia tonight and tomorrow night is the championship.
Richard Klusmeyer– reported that boys varsity won regional for the first time since 1990. Final record was 19-11 – they lost in sectional game to Abingdon.
Donna Jansen mentioned that the winter sports banquet is coming up and Sports boosters provides the meat for it.
Motions to adjourn were made by Susan Blickhan and Tammy Hildebrand.
Next mtg. is April 11, 7:00 p.m. in the MS cafeteria.